When people start talking about high-ROI home improvement projects gutters may not be the first thing to come to mind. Most people start thinking about broad, sweeping renovations first. Bathroom remodeling. Outdoor kitchens.
But gutters are a solid choice. Don’t take our word for it though. HGTV backs us here. Here are a few highlights from the article.
- Rainwater collection systems are more popular than ever, and integrating them into your gutter system is a smart move.
- Allowing a bad gutter installation is one of the worst things you can do to your home.
- Seamless aluminum gutters really do offer the very best protection for your home, even if they do cost more.
See Also: What are Seamless Gutters?
HGTV isn’t the only one who well tell you seamless aluminum gutters are a great choice. RoofingCalc.com, dedicated to helping you calculate home improvement costs, also recommends adding seamless aluminum gutters to your home, noting them as a high-ROI project well worth pursuing.
Why would adding seamless aluminum gutters help you get more money for your home? After all, this isn’t a “fun” project, unlike that remodeled kitchen. Here are a few reasons.
- If you have no gutters at all you’re inviting a homeowner to take on a house that surely has some hidden, or even some overt, water damage issues, especially here in Florida.
- Beat up, old, dirty, dented gutters tell buyers you haven’t maintained the home very well, and may lower the offer price.
- If you’re selling to a buyer using a mortgage to purchase the home you might be surprised to learn some banks won’t even let them touch a home without gutters!
- Buyers know seamless aluminum gutters last up to 20 years. If you’ve replaced them recently they also know they won’t have to worry about gutters for awhile.
- The ability to increase your curb appeal with a color that compliments your home doesn’t hurt either.
As a bonus, outfitting your home with a fresh set of seamless aluminum gutters won’t cost as much as remodeling or heavy-duty backyard hardscaping.
If you live anywhere in our service area and don’t like the look of your gutters, give us a call for a free estimate on outfitting your home with a fresh set of seamless aluminum ones. Whether you’re selling your home in the near future or just want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to protect your home from water damage, seamless aluminum gutters are the right choice for most houses and are an economical choice for most homeowners.